Even if you’ve upgraded to LED light bulbs and had smart thermostats installed throughout your house, it can still be difficult to keep tabs on just how much energy you’re actually consuming. In addition to making these energy-saving upgrades, we recommend utilizing a few smartphone apps that’ll keep you on track. After all, you don’t go anywhere without your phone these days, right?
- Energy Cost Calculator: this one is quite basic, yet quite effective. It’ll calculate your energy usage and costs on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis and all you have to do is enter a few quick insights.
- EnergySaver: this app will give you a look at all of your major energy consumers. It provides users with reports on electricity consumption, water usage and natural gas all in one place.
- Kill-Ur-Watts: looking for easy access to your energy consumption in clean, crisp templates? This is the app for you. It gathers energy information from your utility company such as consumption rates and previous bills.
- Everyday Energy Tips: sure, data and calculators are great. But now that you have this information, what should you be doing to lower energy bills? This app will do just that! It’ll give you tips and advice including finding leaks, adding insulation and sealing windows and doors.
- Wiser Home: ever that using your electronic devices during peak hours can cost a lot more than using them off-peak? This app will arm you with info so you can reduce or shift your energy usage to different times of day.
Upgrades and improvements not only increase the value and status of your home, they help you save money and energy while increasing your property’s safety and security. Contact Lon Lockwood Electric to find out how we can help you cut back on energy consumption this season.